Aron & Alistair Veen
Culinary, Wine & Travel Experts!
Travel with them on Seabourn’s Greek & Italian Isles Odyssey
Exploring food and wine is a passion shared between Alistair and Aron. Combined, they have over 45 experience working in restaurants. Alistair received his culinary Red Seal in 2004 and Aron received a Hospitality Management Diploma from VCC in 2003. The two met while managing a restaurant downtown fifteen years ago. In 2006 Alistair opened Tap Restaurant, offering outstanding Pacific Northwest cuisine in the amazing community of South Surrey. After expanding the restaurant in 2014, Aron came on board as the Events + Catering Coordinator. Alistair is not only the owner and Executive Chef at Tap, he also serves as the restaurant’s Sommelier. Aron and Alistair completed ISG 1 + 2 and WSET Level Three together. Then while Aron was busy raising babies (their son is almost five years and their daughter is three), Alistair furthered his education by completing the first Court of Master Sommeliers (CMS) course (earning the Champagne award along the way) and successfully challenging the certified exam the following day.
In 2015 Alistair's exceptional wine knowledge led to him being named Best Sommelier of BC by the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers. Alistair earned distinction in the French Wine Scholar program and became one of the 5% of candidates to pass the Court of Master Sommeliers Advanced certification on his first try. In 2017 he competed at the National Sommelier Competition in French. He will write the Master Sommelier certification in July 2020 and has hopes to challenge the CCC Gold Seal culinary program as well. Aron has recently dived back into her wine studies receiving WSG’s Highest Honours in the Italian Wine Scholar program and she will write her French Wine Scholar exam in December. One of their favourite things about owning a restaurant with an award-winning wine list (Gold at VanWineFest Awards) includes discovering exceptional wines from regions around the world and developing cuisine that pairs divinely with their cellar selections. In October 2019, they cruised France’s Rhône River with a group of Tap guests. Memories were made, great wine was consumed and lasting friendships were forged. They discovered so much joy in travelling as a group; sharing the adventure made every activity and port city that much more delightful. They hope you can join them as Tap travels to Greece and Italy in October 2020!
7 Night Cruise aboard the Odyssey
The Seabourn Difference
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests' expectations
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available onboard at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required nor expected
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting visionary experts
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
|Oct 10||Piraues (Athens), Greece||Embarkation|
|Oct 11||Nafplion, Greece||Domaine Skouras Winery & Lunch|
|Oct 12||Katakolon (Olympia), Greece||Magna Grecia Farm Visit|
|Oct 13||Kerkia, Nisos Kerkira (Corfu) Greece||Optional excursions available
|Oct 14||Crotone, Italy||Visit Senatore Winery for enlightening and interesting wine-tasting experience|
|Oct 15||Syracuse, Italy||Optional excursion available|
|Oct 16||Amalfi, Italy||Optional excursion available
|Oct 17||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy||Disembarkation|
✔ Optional Land Programs Available: Ask for details
✔ Pre-Cruise in Athens - Hotel Grande Bretagne $1,060 1st night per room
✔ Post-Cruise in Rome - Parco Dei Principi $1,300 1st night per room
✔ Pre and Post stays include transfers for airport/hotel/cruise and breakfast
Terms and Conditions: Rates are per person in CAD for cruise only based on Category A. Port charges of $275 are additional. To upgrade to a higher category, please ask for details. Rate includes 3 excursions as noted. Offer is limited to availability, is capacity controlled and is subject to charge or termination without notice. Optional land programs and airfares are additional. Travel Protection is available. Please ask your Travel Agent about your protection options. Seabourn reserves the right to revise any errors on the flyer: itinerary subject to change.
Why Seabourn's Mediterranean?
- Regionally inspired cuisine using local produce.
- Seabourn's signature culinary even, the Galley Market Lunch a tour de force of temptation guaranteed to please any palate.
- Local entertainment performance on deck in select destinations such as Corfu
- Marina Day with complimentary watersports in select ports such as Amalfi, Bandol, Saint-Florent from our unique retractable marina.
- Seabourn Conversations with special guest speakers, including knowledgeable historians, naturalists, marine biologists, destination export and more
- Shore excursions UNESCO World Heritage sites - with enhanced content through our official partnership.
- Let's Dance! deck party. Movies under the Stars and other special deck events.